Target Exec Joins C.H. Robinson Board: Business Roundup
A look at what's happening in Eden Prairie businesses.
Target Exec Appointed to C.H. Robinson Board
Target executive Jodee Kozlak has been appointed to the board of Eden Prairie's C.H. Robinson Worldwide.
According to the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal, the 49-year-old is executive vice president of human resources at Minneapolis-based Target and a member of the company's executive committee.
"Her experiences in large and complex environments will be relevant to Robinson as we continue to grow and diversify," C.H. Robinson CEO John Wiehoff said in a news release.
Eden Prairie could be one of the next locations for a Which Wich sandwich shop.
The company, which strives to create an edgier environment in its stores, is planning a large-scale expansion in the Twin Cities, Eagan Which Wich owner Jeff Eccles told Eagan Patch. Eagan will soon be seeing a opening on Feb. 19. The company may open a second store in Eagan, and is planning additional locations in Apple Valley, Eden Prairie and Golden Valley, Eagan Patch recently reported.
MTS Systems Announces New Tire Testing System
Eden Prairie-based MTS Systems recently announced that what the company calls the world's most advanced tire testing system, is now fully operational at the National Tire Research Center.
According to a company release, the Flat-Trac LTRe Tire Testing System is unique in its ability to accurately apply complex, real-world driving maneuvers to passenger vehicle, light truck and even racing car tires in a controlled, repeatable laboratory setting. Data generated by these tests are used by OEMs and tire manufacturers to optimize vehicle safety and performance.
Coldwell Banker Burnet’s Foundation Collecting New Pillows for Bridging
All local Coldwell Banker Burnet offices are accepting pillow donations to benefit Bloomington's Bridging.
According to a release, Bridging provides furniture and household goods to families transitioning out of homelessness and poverty. The organization distributes 240 pillows to more than 75 households every week.
Pillow donations are being accepted through March 19. Get more details here; see Patch's Directory for the nearest location in Eden Prairie.
Eden Prairie Center Details Locations for 5 New Stores
Eden Prairie Center will be welcoming five new stores in the next year, including DSW, Sub Zero Ice Cream and Yogurt, Francesca's, Teavan and Cotton On.
Shannon McNamara, marketing coordinator for Eden Prairie Center, said the new locations of the five businesses are empty right now:
- DSW will open on the Lower Level in the JC Penney wing;
- Francesca's will be in the former Kay Jewelers space. JuJu Gear is currently in this space, but will change locations when Francesca’s starts to move in around March.
- Teavana will open in the former All my Walls space, which is on the Lower Level in Center Court next to Von Maur.
- Cotton On will be in the former Pac Sun space. Construction has already started on the store, which will be across from the Food Court next to Hollister in the Upper Level Sears wing.
- Sub Zero Ice Cream and Yogurt is set to open in the Ben & Jerry's space, near Doc Popcorn in Center Court.
Recent Eden Prairie business news:
- New Stores and More Popeye's Info
- Execs of Sold Supervalu Brands to Split Millions
- Supervalu's New CEO to Make $1.5 Million, Plus Some Extras
- Supervalu Announces Sale of Some Assests, Layoffs
- Cerberus Says It's Close to Deal with Supervalu
- Supervalu Settles Suit Against Ex Executive: Eden Prairie Business Roundup
- Changes Coming To Home Depot, Schussler Barn and Eden Prairie Road
- Stratasys Printers Turn Concepts Into 3D Models
- D'Amico & Sons Closes After Problem With Lease