Updated: Worker Keeps Eden Prairie Fire From Spreading
The house on Golden Ridge Drive was under construction, according to Assistant Fire Chief Ward Parker.
Updated 7:30 p.m. Jan. 15: The fire at 6642 Golden Ridge Drive on Monday night was accidental, according to an Eden Prairie spokeswoman.
Joyce Lorenz, communications manager, said the fire was "caused by a work light left on inadvertently on top of a cabinet by a contractor."
"The light caught some protective plastic covering on fire which spread to other contents," Lorenz wrote in an email. "A worker on site threw water on the fire and kept it from spreading."
Eden Prairie firefighters responded to a fire at 6642 Golden Ridge Drive.
The fire was reported at about 8:40 p.m. Monday at a house under construction, according to Assistant Fire Chief Ward Parker.
Parker said the fire was confined to one room in the basement.
"We have no idea of the cause or origin," he said.
Check Eden Prairie Patch for more information.